Friday, March 9, 2012

Seuss, Seuss, and more Seuss

I was a little behind with my Dr. Seuss unit this year... Last week our theme was "Night Time," which I did not realize was during the same week as Dr. Seuss' birthday.  So, I decided to play a little catch-up and do a Dr. Seuss theme this week.  Better late than never!

Here are pictures of the new Dr. Seuss work I put on the shelves this week:

Cat in the Hat picture/letter match from Making Learning Fun.  Find the hat with the picture that begins with the same letter as is on each cat card.

1 Fish, 2 Fish counting with goldfish crackers from obSEUSSed.  Count the correct number of goldfish into each bowl.

1 Fish, 2 Fish addition with goldfish crackers from Dual Kinder Teacher.  Check out Living Montessori Now for ideas on how to use these printables.
Goldfish color graph from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas.   Using the "color" goldfish, sort on the graph by color and then color in the graph.

Finish drawing The Cat in the Hat from Making Learning Fun.

The Cat in the Hat shape match from Making Learning Fun.  Match the shape on each oval to the shape on each cat's hat.

Here are some pictures of the kids using the new work.  (I figured out that if I take pictures of the kids from behind, their faces are not showing, so I don't have to worry about blocking them out!)

Goldfish color graph.

1 Fish, 2 Fish goldfish counting.

The Cat in the Hat shape match.

1 Fish, 2 Fish addition.
I wasn't able to get pictures of the kids doing all of the new work, but at least I got a few!  They all really liked the work that involved real goldfish crackers since they got to take them home after they did the work!  It's funny, I really feel like I am getting to know what kind of work the kids will be interested in now!

I am linking up with Montessori Monday through Living Montessori Now.


Montessori Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment