Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Resale/Yard Sale Finds: Part 1

I know I have not blogged in a couple weeks.  I am amazed at how busy I am over the Summer when I am not working!  Between a family vacation and my daughters 3'rd birthday, I just have not had any time to sit down and write for a while.

During my family vacation, I hit some resale stores and some yard sales - and came back home with a LOT more than I left home with!  Some stuff is just stuff for my family, like luggage, clothes, dishes, etc.  But, most of what I found is for school!  So, I thought I'd share some of my awesome school finds with you all!

This is a kaleidoscope that can be changed according to themes, seasons, etc.!  I was so excited to find it!  I have not looked at it very closely yet, but it looks like you can fill the end with small objects as well as change out the outside of the scope.  I thought this would be great for a seasonal basket or table - which I'd like to incorporate into my classroom this coming school year!




Ok, this may not seem so awesome, but for me it is!  Every year I do a unit on the 5 senses and this is the book I like to read when we talk about the sense of sight.  But, I did not have the book and always found myself looking for it at the library at the very last minute.  Now, I have it!


I found this book about the human body.  But, I did not buy it for the book, I bought it for the inserts on the inside of the book of the human skeleton and the human organ systems - with all parts labeled.





These are just old calendars I found - I decided to start collecting them so that I can use them for photographs of different subjects, etc. in my classroom.



This is just a Children's Picture Atlas.  I thought I could use it when we do geography lessons.



I thought this would make a good work for the beginning of the school year.



These are small fabric flowers that I thought could either be used for art, practical life, or even counting.



Anyone remember this from school?  I sure do!  Every math teacher I had, had one of these for drawing different size circles & angles on the chalkboard.  I am always trying to find the right size circular container, etc. to trace to get the size circle that I need - now I can just use this to make any size circle that I want!


Well, that's it for today!  I will post more of my school finds in the next couple days or so.

I am linking up with Montessori Monday via Living Montessori Now!

Montessori Monday


2 comments:

  1. I love going to garage and yard sales for materials. You found some great items!
    ...Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds, Mieke! I always love to find great deals like this at yard sales (and sometimes at antique shops). Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete