Saturday, May 7, 2011

Puzzles and Parties

Last night I decided to break out the 12 piece puzzles I have been saving for Froggy Boots.  She's mastered all of her 6 piece puzzles and since she enjoys a challenge, I thought now would a be a good time to get her started with the 12 piece puzzles.  She spent her last 15 minutes before bed working on one of the new puzzles and then another 45 minutes this morning on it -- just doing it over and over and over again.  I worked with her at first, but now she can do it all my herself!  So, 12 piece puzzle #2 also came out this morning and she now has that one mastered as well.  I guess I need to find some more puzzles for her to do!


This afternoon we had the final preschool get-together of the year -- an ice cream social at the park.  It was a beautiful day, nice and sunny when we first arrived.  But, within a few minutes it started getting cloudy and cold.  I, of course, win the mom of the year award for not bringing a sweater for Froggy Boots.  Fortunately, one of the other mom's had a shirt she let Froggy Boots wear over the top of her very event-appropriate ice cream shirt.  But, no, I did not actually dress her in that shirt in preparation for the event.  Although, maybe I could get that mom of the year award back if I said I planned her clothing to match the event!

In any case, Froggy Boots ate her bowl of ice cream -- chocolate and vanilla both -- as I held it down to keep it from blowing away.  Did I mention it was also windy?  However, at one point it did blow away and splattered chocolate ice cream all over my capris and my leg.  I also ate a decent size bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge on top, which I managed to eat and throw away before the wind took it.

After we ate our ice cream, Froggy Boots played for a while on the climbing structures and I pushed her around for a in one of the other kid's car/stroller things.  I'm not sure what they are called, but it's this little red car with a handle for a parent to push the child.  Pretty cool and Froggy Boots enjoyed the ride.

Then I decided it was time to go home because I was cold and I wanted to have time to make dinner.  So, still being left with only a short amount of time to cook, we are having homemade "roni and cheese" -- Froggy Boots favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment