Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

Well, we are back from Spring break and definitely feeling Spring Fever!  All the kids want to do is get outside and play, so I have been really trying to take them outside any day that weather permits.

This weeks theme, appropriately, is "Spring."  We are learning about the seasonal changes that tell us it is Spring.  I am not adding a lot of new work this week since I just added a bunch before Spring Break.  But, here is what is new this week:

"Spring" emergent reader from Making Learning Fun.
"Umbrella Alphabet Match Book" from the free printables section at Child Care Land.
Mystery Number!  This is an idea I got from Froggy Boots' school.  Inside the change purse is a number of the same object for the kids to count.  Once they have counted the objects, they write their name and the numeral on a strip of white paper from the white basket.  They then fold the strip of paper and put it into a round basket on the shelf.  During the last circle time, I pull out all the strips of paper and we see if everyone counted correctly!
These are 3-part cards for the geometric solids that I found for free at Maybe Montessori.  I do not have them set up as 3-part cards since my kids have not really been to interested in those this year.  These are in a basket to be used to match to the geometric solids.  I am also going to be adding geometric solids sorting cards from Chasing Cheerios later this week.
Color bird/color word matching from the free printables section at Child Care Land.  The kids have really been interested in this work!
I am a little behind on switching out the sensory table this month - better late than never!  This is all different kinds of pasta along with scoops, shovels, a measuring cup, 3 different sized Easter eggs, plastic Easter bunnies, and egg dying cups.
Here is our bookshelf this week.  I always rotate books for each theme - current theme books on top and last theme books on the bottom.  You can see the Spring theme books on the top and the color theme books on the bottom.
There is another amazing giveaway going on over at Living Montessori Now!  Montessori Print Shop is giving away 2 grand prizes of 1122 Montessori printable materials.  That's all the Montessori Print Shop PDF files!  There is also a second prize - a $100.00 Montessori Print Shop in-store coupon!

That's it for this week!  Only 5 1/2 weeks left of school for us and then Summer break begins!  I can't believe the year is almost over already!

I am linking up with Living Montessori Now for Montessori Monday:

Montessori Monday

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have spring activities out ... yours look very inviting! And I love the "mystery number" activity! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned your bird/color word matching to my bird unit study board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/bird-unit-study/. And thanks for sharing my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete