Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day: Part 2

We did so much for our Earth Day theme that I decided to break it up into more than one post!  So, today I am going to focus on the new Earth Day related work that we had out this past week.


Reusing paper grocery bags to make woven paper placemats!  I cut one of the long sides off of a paper grocery bag, folded it in half, and cut strips in the paper - stopping about an inch from the edge.  I also had some scrap book paper that a previous parent gave me, so I cut that into strips that the kids could use to weave into the paper grocery bag.
This is recyclables sorting using the free 3-part recycle cards from Living Montessori Now!
Here are a couple of my kids sorting out the recyclables!  They did it perfectly!
Recycle 3-part card work using the same recycle 3-part cards mentioned before from  Living Montessori Now.
This is Paint Your Own Earth work from My Montessori Journey.  You can download the earth printable for free!  I was amazed at how well the kids did with painting within the lines and painting the land and water appropriately!  And, so many of the kids wanted to try this work!

I will post Earth Day: Part 3 later this week!  Please check out my Facebook page -- also called Lesson Plans to Pots and Pans -- for more fun ideas!  And, if you like what you see, please consider "liking" my page!

No comments:

Post a Comment